Best Carhartt Bibs Reviewed & Rated for Quality
Carhartt is a brand of clothing that excels at allowing people to work and play hard in the cold weather. They are rugged, durable, and excellent at keeping you warm in even the most extreme temperature. For years, people have turned to Carhartt as a brand of clothing they can truly rely on for the cold winter weather. The bibs made by Carhartt are of exceptional quality and are built to last.
People who spend time out in the cold choose bibs for a wide variety of reasons. This piece of clothing is ideal because it covers both your legs and your core while still providing you with room to wear a warm winter jacket. They are a very heavy duty and resist the wear and tear of hard work and the grind of old man winter.
- Carhartt Duck R01
- Hammer Loops
- Carhartt Quilt Lined R02
- Wind Resistant
- Carhartt Washed-Denim R07
- Bib Pocket
The bibs keep you exceptional warm by insulating your body’s core area. They provide you with a heavy duty layer of clothing underneath your jacket. Bibs are a great piece of clothing to wear while dressing in layers. In many cases, they are loose enough to allow you to wear a thick sweatshirt underneath them. In fact, some people wear a thermal shirt, sweatshirt, bibs, and a heavy jacket all at once.
The advantage of dressing in such a fashion is that you feel warm, but you are able to remove the extra layers as needed. Bibs are great because they simply unhook which lets you put on or take off clothing as needed. On warmer days, you may not even need a jacket over your bibs. This can be especially true of the best Carhartt bibs because they are fully insulated and perform exceptionally well in cold temperatures.
10 Best Carhartt Bibs
1. Carhartt Duck Bib Unlined R01
People who use a hammer for their work will appreciate the hammer loop found on these bibs. It is found around the waist and allows you to carry hammers or other tools very easily.
Double Front Knees
These bibs resist wearing out at the knees because they have knees that are reinforced for extra protection against wear and tear. There are also knee pad slots located at the knees as well for people who spend a lot of time on their knees.
Cost and Value
You can expect to see these bibs at a below the average price. The lower price makes them into an excellent value because you still get features such as multiple pockets and a hammer loop without having to break your wallet.
- These bibs are made out of 100 percent cotton duck that is heavily weighted.
- The knees are reinforced and have slots for your knee pads.
- You can wash these bibs in the washing machine on cold water.
- There are plenty of pockets including two on the side and one of the chest.
- The bibs have adjustable shoulder straps so that you can adjust them properly.
- The sizing on the bibs are not accurate and only have a 60 percent size rating.
- Some people have experienced these bibs wearing out sooner than they expected.
2. Carhartt Quilt Lined Duck R02
The bibs themselves are made out of a 12-ounce duck cotton fabric, but they also have a 100 percent nylon exterior and a polyester lining. The duck cotton protects you against the cold while the nylon and polyester resist wind.
All of the stress points one these bibs are fastened with fully metal rivets. These rivets protect the bibs from ripping or tearing during heavy activity. They improve the durability of the bibs and make them long-lasting.
Cost and Value
You should expect to pay a high cost for these bibs since they are one of most elite Carhartt bibs. These bibs justify their price by offering lots of pockets, thick duck cotton insulation, and wind breaking features.
- These bibs protect against the cold with a thick and heavy duck cotton insulation.
- The bibs are wind-resistant thanks to the nylon and polyester linings found in them.
- You get lots of utility pockets that are ideal for carrying small tools or other items.
- The knees are zippered and have wind flaps to protect your knees from cold air.
- The knees are reinforced and have knee pad slots in them.
- Some reviewers have noted that the sizing is not accurate and they bibs don't fit right.
- Other reviewers have noted that the zipper fly gets stuck easily.
3. Carhartt Yukon Arctic Quilt Lined R33
These bibs are constructed in a way that makes them resistant to water. This can be highly ideal in a number of circumstances such as rain, snow, or spray from the water. Although they aren't water repellent, these bibs will help you stay dry.
These bibs feature a polyester insulation that is arctic weight and designed to keep you warm in extreme temperatures. The polyester is soft and functions as a great thermal barrier so you can expect to stay warm in these bibs.
Cost and Value
These bibs have an above average price. They justify the higher price by being made out of high-quality materials. For example, you have a combinate of nylon, polyester, and Cordura fabric which makes these bibs both warm and dry.
- They are made out of heavy weight fabric that is designed to keep you extra warm.
- You will find that these bibs resist water making them ideal for wet working conditions.
- The knees are reinforced so that they resist wear and tear.
- There are slots for knee pads located on the interior of these bibs.
- The bibs are fully machine washable in cold water.
- Many reviewers have noted that the sizing is not accurate and the bibs don't fit right.
- Other reviewers have mentioned that the bibs are really stiff when they are new.
4. Carhartt Quilt Lined R41
The legs on these bibs feature a zipper that runs from the leg opening all of the way up to your hips. There is also a button wind flap that is used to cover the zipper when the bibs are zipped.
The bibs have a quilted interior lining that is made out polyester. The fabric does an excellent job of keeping your body warm in cold temperatures by creating a thermal barrier around your body.
Cost and Value
You can expect to pay a price that is slightly above the average. These bibs get their value by being long lasting and offering features such as fully zippered pant legs. You can expect to stay warm without paying a high price.
- These bibs have fully zippered pant legs that have wind breaking flaps over the zipper.
- The interior lining is made out of a polyester insulation that is nylon quilted.
- There is a multi-compartment pocket located on the chest that has a zipper.
- The armbands are elastic and fully adjustable.
- There are two lower front pockets that are large.
- Many reviewers have said that the waist is too small and they can't fit in the bibs.
- Other reviewers have experienced the dye washing out of the fabric.
5. Carhartt Washed-Denim Unlined R07
These bibs feature a hammer loop around the hips which is ideal for hammers or other tools that are similar to a hammer. This makes these bibs highly ideal for carpenters or other people who use hammers.
There is a large bib pocket that is located on the chest. It has multiple compartments which makes it an ideal place for keeping small tools accessible. There are also two front slant pockets as well.
Cost and Value
These bibs have a low price because they are thinner and not intended for winter weather. They offer an excellent value because you find many of the same features that are present in high priced bibs but at a lower cost.
- These bibs are thinner which increases your mobility because they are lighter weight.
- The chest has a multi-compartment pocket that you can use to hold small tools or other items.
- There is a hammer loop located at the waist which is ideal for carpenters.
- You can wash these bibs in the washing machine in cold water.
- These bibs are made out of 100 percent cotton which makes the soft and flexible.
- The bibs are not intended for freezing weather.
- Other reviewers have mentioned that the shoulder straps are too small.
6. Carhartt Arctic Quilt Lined R03
The front suspenders are made out of elastic and are fully adjustable. This helps the bibs stay up where you need them. You can adjust the length of the suspenders easily to create a perfect fit.
These bibs have zippers from the end of the pant legs all the way up to your knees. This makes it really easy to wear heavy winter boots with these bibs since you can unzip the legs and put your boots on.
Cost and Value
These bibs have a price that is slightly above the average. They get their value by offering many of the features found in higher priced bibs such as zipper pants legs and multifunction pockets.
- These bibs are heavy weight and durable thanks to the 12-ounce duck cotton lining.
- You will stay toasty warm in these bibs because of the insulated polyester lining.
- The legs unzip up to the knees making it easy to wear winter boots with these bibs.
- You can fully adjust the elastic suspenders to create the perfect fit.
- The bibs can be washed in the washing machine on cold water when soiled.
- Some reviewers have mentioned that the bottom does not hold together very well.
- Other people have mentioned that the bibs fit too tight around the waist.
7. Carhartt Denim Unlined R08
These bibs have lots of functional pockets that are designed to hold tools. The pockets themselves are reinforced so that the tools do not cut, tear, punch, or otherwise damage the pockets.
The bibs are made out a 100 percent cotton rigid denim material. The rigid denim is stiff and long lasting which makes these bibs extra durable on the job site. You can expect these bibs to work as hard as you do.
Cost and Value
These bibs have a low price when compared to other Carhartt bibs. The price is lower due to the fact that these bibs aren't insulated and therefore have less material. This makes them an excellent pair of bibs for cool weather.
- The back pockets are reinforced so that they are unlikely to damage.
- These bibs have lots of utility pockets which allows you to easily carry tools.
- They are made out of rigid denim material that is durable and long lasting.
- The bibs are lightweight and are ideal for cooler weather.
- You can wash these bibs in the washing machine when they are dirty.
- Some reviewers have said that these bibs wrinkle very badly after washing.
- Other reviewers have mentioned that the zipper isn't very high quality.
8. Carhartt Sandstone Unlined R06
These bibs are great for cooler weather because they are lightweight yet durable. They are made from 100 percent duck cotton fabric that resists wear and tear. There is no interior lining, which keeps you from getting too hot in cooler weather.
The bibs have button suspenders which are fully adjustable and elastic. These suspenders keep the bibs exactly where you need them on your body. You can make them longer or shorter as needed to create an ideal fit.
Cost and Value
These bibs have a slightly below average price. They are made out of the same material as the heavy duty winter grade bibs, but they lack the interior liner which lowers the price.
- These bibs have multiple tool pockets at the sides, check, and rear.
- The suspenders are fully elastic and are adjustable.
- They are made out of a heavy duty cotton that is heavy weight and durable.
- The bibs are unlined which makes them ideal for spring or fall weather.
- You can wash these bibs in the washing machine as needed.
- Some reviewers have mentioned that the size is not accurate which make them hard to fit into.
- Other reviewers have mentioned that the straps are too short on these bibs.
9. Carhartt Quilt Lined Sandstone R27
The bibs are made out of a water-resistant cotton duck material. This is an ideal material for when you are exposed to light rain, snow, or spray. The fabric blocks the water from soaking into the bibs.
You can easily wear heavy snow boots with these bibs because the legs have zippers up to the knees. This allows you to unzip the legs to put your boots on and then tightly zip the bibs back over your boots.
Cost and Value
You will see these bibs at an average price for bibs. They are lower cost but offer many of the same features found in the more premium bibs. This makes them into an excellent value for the money.
- These bibs resist water and are ideal for working in damp conditions.
- These feature lots of utility pockets for carrying items such as small tools.
- You can unzip the legs up to the knees which makes it easy to put on boots.
- The bibs feature a polyester insulation to help you stay warm in cold weather.
- The suspenders are elastic and adjustable so that you can find the perfect fit.
- Many reviewers have mentioned that the bibs fit too tight around the middle.
- Some reviewers have also said that the bibs do not hold up as well as expected.
10. Carhartt Zip To Thigh R37
These bibs unzip all of the way up to your hips. This makes it really easy to wear these bibs with heavy-duty work boots and it is easy to take them off if you get too warm.
The knees on these bibs are reinforced for extra durability. They also have a slot where you can insert knee pads. This feature makes these bibs highly ideal for people who kneel down a lot.
Cost and Value
You can expect to pay an average price for these bibs. They are an excellent value because they are made from a high-quality duck cotton material that is long lasting and durable. These bibs cost less because there is no interior lining.
- These bibs have fully adjustable elastic straps so you can adjust them as needed.
- The bibs are durable thanks to the duck-cotton that is heavyweight.
- You can easily carry your tools in these bibs thanks the pockets and hammer loop.
- The bibs unzip all the way from the bottom of the legs up to the thighs.
- The knees are reinforced and have slots for knee pads.
- Some reviewers have mentioned that the legs are too long.
- Other reviewers have noted that the buckles are hard to unclasp.
Carhartt bibs are an excellent choice for people who need clothing to work as hard as they work. These bibs are fantastic for the job site because they are heavy duty and long lasting. Many of these bibs are geared towards hard working people by offering features such as knee pad slots and hammer loops. You can purchase bibs that are designed for the extreme cold as well as bibs for cool weather.
Most of the bibs offer utility pockets. This is ideal for people who use tools for their jobs. The utility pockets are a great place for workers to store items such as pencils, small screwdrivers, utility knives, or other items. The hammer loops are highly ideal for carpenters, but anyone who uses a hammer or similarly shaped tool will benefit from the feature.
Many of the bibs are made for the extreme cold while other bibs are made for cool weather. The winter grade bibs have a thick exterior but also offer a thickly insulated interior liner as well. The interior liner creates a thermal barrier around your body so that you stay warm in cold weather. The cool weather bibs are often made out of the same external material as winter bibs, but they take away the liner.
All of the bibs are heavy duty is designed to be long-lasting in the workplace. This is why so many people turn to Carhartt for work bibs. They are strong, long lasting, and warm. The design of these bibs has hard working people in mind, making them the ideal workplace brand.