When seeking out earphones, you have to take into consideration exactly how much you want to spend because like most things the quality changes. When comparing these to others out there we want to remain objective, and by that we mean, we want to consider what device they were built for as well as how much they are and compare them not to the more expensive brands and versions, but those they are actually in competition with. For their brand and price, these pods are likely to be ranking up there, after all, we are talking an Apple brand set of earphones that come bundled with the device they were intended for. That being said, they can be purchased separately as well and used on items that are not Apple brand, so we do hold them up against those other brands in the same price range. We expect them to hold their own and compare them fairly.
That may not seem to need to be said, but we have noticed quite a few customers compared them to much higher priced earphones and were disappointed because of it. We think these seem to be good or at least above average for their place in the market. So let us take you through our guide so you can decide if what you want is to pay less and still get decent quality, or if you might want to settle back and save up for a pricier pair (Which Apple does offer a much better set for quite a bit more!).
- Classic color and design for Apple
- Good mic
- Built in controls
- Don’t stay in the ear easily
- I am most definitely not a fan of the aesthetic. However, I caved and bought them and I am pleasantly surprised. The battery is really good. They sound great. These are so worth the money.
- I have zero issues with them falling out. I am able to wear them doing all my HIIT and other training. The pair flawlessly. I can control them with the watch. The Pause if you take them out to talk to someone, AWESOME! The case is small and hooks to the keys and the battery lasts forever. I am happy with these for sure.
- I had no idea they were waterproof. They are extra that is for sure. They sound amazing and stay in the ear well. I accidentally washed them and they are still kicking. I highly recommend.
- These are the best. I can walk around my apt with them and no issues. The hne doesn't need to be right with me. The sound quality is great for as small as they are. They charge quick and last a good while. They work great for calls, never had issues hearing or being heard. I can customize the double tap to my liking. I really am happy with these.
- You will not regret buying these. They are fantastic. For the size of these, the sound is terrific. I am able to easily carry these on my keychain they are so small and light. They charge in like 15 minutes and last forever. These are just a really awesome Apple product.
- I like that when I remove one it pauses. I use them at work and this is really convenient. They do not cancel noise so not god for travel I would think. However they sound good and work really well. I recommend them.
- I have owned numerous buds and these are way better than anything I have had. They are so comfortable and work so much better than I was expecting. They sound great. I would say they are an investment more than a random purchase.
- These are the best purchase I have made in a while. I was on the fence but when i put them in, I was shocked. They pair so easily and stay in. They charge lightning fast. Not really sure what I did before I bought these. I am so happy with them. They sound great and the fact they charge separately allows you to never have to be without them.
- I kept hearing my coworkers talk about these. I ended up buying them for the gym and I am so impressed. They actually stay in. Great design. They sound really good. They pair so flawlessly with the iPhone. The little floss size charging container is genius. I am way impressed and highly recommend.
- They switch between devices very easily. They look ridiculous but work really well and sound great. I washed them on accident and they are still great. I am really happy with my purchase.
- I loved mine so much I ended up buying the family a set. You can connect to multiple connections. I am able to make conference calls and listen to music in between calls. No feedback or static. Just a great connection all around. I haven't had any charging issues at all. Love the Earpods.
- These are good and super effective. I never have problems connecting and they have great sound I can carry them around without the phone and they stay connected well. They charge fast. I love them.
- These are so worth the hype. They are fantastic and sync so quick and easy. I love the auto pause and they are really durable. The sound is high quality and they are crisp and clear on calls. They fit my ears perfect and do not slide out. They have great battery life and charge faster than anything I have ever charged. It is wild. I love them they are great.
- I was iffy about these because I am not a fan of Apple. However, I as given a iPhone for work and so I purchased these and am super impressed. They connect so good and the sound is great. Phone calls are clear. I would buy again. So glad that Apple seems to have gotten better.
- The battery lasts and they pair good with the Android too. They do not have a lto of control on them but that is just a peve. I like that they pause when I am trying to listen to someone and take one out. I would buy them again.
- I did have to get one replaced. The volume stop working in it. But Apple was great and we got back up and running in no time. They pair quick and never have a glitch. The calls work great. I never get static or background noise.
- I like the way the Earpods interact with apple products, and the way they sound. In some ways they are more secure in the ear than are plug-in earbuds. But, my LG television will not recognize them because (according th LG service), there is no on-off switch. There used to be a button on the box ], according to the people on the phone, but there is no button on the case.
- I am not an Apple fan but these are really well made and work really well. The sound quality is decent. They are super versatile though and are so easy to use. They charge rapid fast. They also connect easy and super fast. I like them.
- These were prompted to pair as soon as I turned them on. Super impressive. I love that they pause when you remove one. The sound is great for the size. I would highly recommend these. Best Apple product I have used.
- These are a bit pricey but they are the bet Apple has. They work great, pair fast and sound good. The battery lasts for hours. They work better than the headphones that come with the phone, I know that.
- 6 weeks in and they stopped working. I contacted Apple and they told me to update my phone, which I did, and they still do not work. They will not help me now. I am confused and out some money.
- I spent too much for these to die so fast. I had them maybe a month and they won’t charge. Looks like an issue. I should have read the reviews.
- The left side will not charge for some reason. I have tried everything and nothing. It is annoying for the price.
- I cannot get these to stay in and they sound really horrible. They do not block out any noise and i have to have them all the way up to enjoy, which in return hurts my ears. I am not impressed. Do not waste your money.
- I am not a fan of the sound and the connection is iffy. They have zero features and set awkward in the ear. I feel like Apple is just depending on their name these days because their products are horrible.
- Offer very little and cost a lot. These do not stay in the ears and it is so dang annoying. If I even walk they slip out. These are pretty much unusable for me. A waste of money.
- After a bit of use, which I enjoyed, one of the pods just stopped working. It won't synch and the sound is muffled. I am disappointed.
- It took me about 15 times of disconnecting both to get the left to work. When they work they are ok but they work less than they do. It is horrible and such a burden. I don’t even use them anymore.
- When I lay down or move around these cut in and out. They also disconnect form the phone often. There is only a skip on them too, no volume or pause. I am disappointed.
- The case stopped charging after a month. The sound sucks and cuts in and out. They also are really bad with calls. I cannot hear the person well and they hear cracking apparently.
Ease of Use
-Built-in volume control
-Reliable Apple brand