Best Hunting Shirts for Men Reviewed and Rated
We don’t know about all of you but the amount of money we have to spend on hunting gear is (unfortunately) not unlimited. Due to this fact our approach to outfitting surrounds the idea that there are certain areas where your dollar is most valuable, and others where you can scrape by a bit.
Our Top 3 Picks
Our experience in the field has led us to the conclusion that we’d most like to put our cash into a quality pack, a sound pair of boots and quality optics before we’d spend it on the newest and fanciest camo design. With that said, we like to be meticulous in our approach, and that means overlooking no part of our gear. Which shirt you elect to wear may not be the top of the priority list but it also doesn’t mean it should be relegated to the bottom either.
We don’t subscribe to the idea that in order to be a proper hunter you need to be done up in head-to-toe camo. But we have had the experience of being out in the woods or backcountry and not had on the right attire. This experience can take a lot away from an otherwise enjoyable outing.
So we’ve trawled the internet and come up with a list of some of the best hunting shirts in 2017. These are broken down into subcategories, by different conditions and/or features. The following is meant to save you the time of digging through bins at Walmart or Cabelas, to make sure that you’re properly suited up, and most important of all have some cash left over for some of the true essentials.
5 Best Hunting Shirts for Warm Weather
1. Under Armour
Material: Each Camo Fill shirt is comprised of 57% Cotton, 38% Polyester, and 5% Elastane.
Sizing: Available in small all the way up to 3X- large, so there are plenty of options if you’re a big guy -- sizes run an estimated 85% true.
- 4-way stretch fabrication allow for free mobility
- Classic UA logo with, you guessed it Camo fill
- Moisture Transport System fights the accumulation of sweat
- Charged cotton dries faster than average and is a bit tougher
Moisture transport system prevents sweat accumulation
2. King's Camo
Material: Constructed from a mixture of cotton poly 60% and 40% blend jersey.
Sizing: Comes in sizes ranging from medium to 3x-large, know to run a bit small, perhaps 65% true, if you’re worried about being fully covered, size up.
Imported: Made in the USA
- Tagless label, won't scratch or irritate your neck
- Left chest pocket easy for stowing
- Rib-knit collar smooth and comfortable
Economical camo shirt
Performs very good in heat
It comes in mountain shadow and desert shadow
Fit might be smaller than expected
Material: This shirt is made up of 65% Cotton and 35% Polyester, simple enough. It also comes in a wide range of colors -- name it i'm sure they've got it.
Sizing: Runs from small to double XL, the sizing percentage is 95% true. Check out the chart on amazon if in any doubt.
- Machine Washable
- Has a classic crew neck
- Short sleeves, does well in the heat
- Pocket with logo, otherwise plain and toned down
- Carhartt's moisture-wicking, stain-resistant tee offers rough and tumble protection for your upper body
Made up of 65% Cotton
Comes in a wide range of colors
Runs from small to double XL
The shirt length is long
4. Mossy Oak
Material: Comes in the follow options:
Grey: 90% Cotton 10% Polyester.
Black: 100% Cotton. Dark;
Heather: 50% Cotton 50% Polyester.
Heather Military; Green: 50% Cotton 50% Polyester
Sizing: Available in Medium, large and xlarge -- if you need the double or triple its not to hard to search around a bit and find.
- Each package contains two t-shirts per
- Authentic Mossy Oak graphics, centered
- Classic fit, does not constrict and also does not flap around
- Seamless double-needle collar, exceptionally comfortable
Casual outdoorsman style
Short sleeves, does well in the heat
Not suitable for extreme weather conditions
5. Russell Outdoors
Material: Made from 100-percent-cotton (refined)
Sizing: Medium and large. The initial size is very true (at least 90%), but wash and dry with caution, a comfortable fit can become a skintight one due to this shirt’s cotton makeup.
- Lightweight construction and sturdy seams
- Left breast located pocket
- Standard short sleeve t shirt
- 100% Cotton Jersey -- great for higher temps
A camo printed t-shirt
Affordable and durable
High quality materials
Sizes: only medium and large
5 Best Hunting Shirts for Cold Weather
Material: Made of 92% Polyester 8% Spandex -- easily tucks in to retain heat at the maximum level possible.
Sizing: Sizes range from medium to double x’s, the true percentage on the scentblocker 1.5 sits at 93%.
- New and exciting trinity technology included
- Direction stretch material crew neck style shirt
- Has Thumbholes for Easy Layering and increased hand warmth
Has a scent control formula
The price is reasonable
Made of 92% Polyester 8% Spandex
Not suitable for high temperatures
2. Merino 365
Material: Produced with 100% Merino wool
Sizing: Ranges on this shirt are from x-small to x-large, true to a 80 percent degree and shrinking is a non issue, so no worries there.
Imported: Not produced in China, buying Merino wool from China often leads to fake or diluted wool. You’ve been warned.
- Merino has a huge capacity to breath and deal with moisture, leaving the wearer warm and dry
- In cold conditions a small amount of moisture is retained in the merino fibers and naturally heats up, thus contributing to keeping the wearer warmer
- Merino fiber is a flame retardant
- Merino fiber resists the development and growth of bacteria and other smelly agents
- Merino fabric has an SPF rating 50+
Produced with 100% Merino wool
Ranges on this shirt are from XS to XL
Not produced in China
Runs a bit higher in cost
3. Legendary Whitetails
Material: Made from extra strength cotton, machine wash cold is okay. Do not bleach.Tumble dry low. Do not iron on buck decoration.
Sizing: Runs from medium to 3x-Large, does very well at accommodating big and tall sizes.
- Contrasting corduroy lined collar and cuffs, gives the shirt a neatly finished look
- Great look and proven durability (even with heavy use)
- Left chest pocket features a pencil slot and a button enclosure
- Legendary® Signature Buck stitched into the flannel
- Double pleated back, will never restrict your range of motion
Made from extra strength cotton
Can be washed in machine on cold wash
Runs from medium to 3x-Large
Small sizes are not available
4. Columbia Thistletown Park Raglan
Material: Made from a 67/33 blend of polyester and cotton
Sizing: Sizing options include Medium to double XL, Colombia sizes are generally pretty true.
- Omni-Wick properties facilitate quick evaporation and sweat maintenance
- Raglan cut allows full range of motion, never be held back
- UPF rating of 15, added protection from the sun
- Comes in seven natural looking colors Examples: Deep Water Heather, Grey Ash Heather, Nocturnal Heather, Red Element Heather.
- Includes Colombia’s robust satisfaction guarantee
Made from a 67/33 blend of polyester and cotton
UPF rating of 15, added protection from the sun
Comes in seven natural looking colors
5. Drake Waterfowl
Material: Made from stretchy yet durable 100% nylon
Sizing: Runs from medium to extra large, true to size at around 85%
- Large standard chest pockets with the capability to be fully secured bia a button closure
- Vertical chest pocket, plenty of storage
- Mesh back breathes exceptionally well and doesn’t let sweat or moisture accumulate anywhere
- Sun blocker extension collar, UPF 15 + protection
- Front and rear heat ventilation system
Made from stretchy yet durable 100% nylon
Sizing runs from medium to XL
Vertical chest pocket, plenty of storage
S sizes are not available
Shooting and Technical Shirts
1. Under Armour Amplify
Material: Very light weight 6.0 oz. Constructed from Polyester and Elastane, includes a four-way stretch pattern for added comfort
Sizing: The size options available are medium to extra large, and the true to size percentage on this shirt hovers around 80%.
- Waffle-textured fabric traps heat without packing on weight or ending up stuffy
- 4-way stretch fabrication allows you to move easily and freely in every direction
- Patented UA Moisture Transport System wicks sweat & dries quick
- Anti-odor technology prevents microbes from growing and odors to creep up
Comes at a reasonable price
Includes a four-way stretch pattern for added comfort
Patented UA Moisture Transport System
3. Browning Cross Country
Material: Made from 100% polyester, rear vents help you keep your cool.
Sizing: Runs from small to 3x-large, sized pretty true (no percentage could be located if in doubt check the Browning size chart.
- Ultra-tough, moisture-fight 100% poly fabric, very durable
- Contrast-color overlays around shoulders and on lower sleeves
- Button-down collar; button-adjustable cuffs, smooth fit
- Flagship features: angled chest pocket; REACTAR pad pocket
Durable and high quality materials
The sizing runs from small to 3x-large
Rear vents included to help you keep your cool
Hunting is unique in that it puts people in a enormous range of different situations and environments. For our money this is one of the most appealing things about it, it keeps you on your toes. It does present a challenge in that sense however, when it comes to how outfit yourself properly to meet these variable conditions? Whether you are going into the backcountry in the winter or the range in the summer we hope this informational guide on best hunting shirts has provided a few good options for you. Be it for hot weather, cold weather or simply for added technical capacity. We would however recommend being aware about our original point. Which is, you need not break the bank on shirts when there are so many other items where money can be better utilized. Happy Hunting.